Great Savannah Races Museum
The Great Savannah Races included the First American Grand Prix and Vanderbilt Cup 1908 – 1911 and are Formula 1 pre-history with Fiat, Mercedes, Benz, Renault, Buick, and more!
Savannah started many racing traditions…
- Home of the FIRST American Grand Prix Race, known as the “Grand Prize”!
- The FIRST race to have champagne poured over the winner’s head!
- The FIRST and ONLY race to begin and end with a gun shot!
- The FIRST race in America to be patrolled by militia!
- The FIRST entirely stock car race!
- The FIRST and only city in the world to convert it’s jail into an executive suite for an automobile mogul!
Visit us to find out more about the Great Savannah Races!