The Savannah Music Festival takes places over the course of 17 days and is spread throughout intimate venues in Savannah’s historic district.
Phone: (912) 234-3378
Spread throughout intimate venues in Savannah’s Historic District, the 2016 Savannah Music Festival (SMF) lineup covers folk, traditional, popular, serious and studied music by renowned artists from across the globe. The 2016 festival takes place from March 24 through April 9, including concerts, recitals, film and theatrical performances.
- Established in 1989
- A 501(c)3 non-profit arts organization
- The annual 17-day springtime festival is Georgia’s largest musical arts event, featuring more than 100 productions
- Brings 360 of the world’s finest musical artists to Savannah annually
- In 2015, attendees came from 42 states and 16 countries
- Nearly 40% of SMF’s audience is made up of patrons from out-of-town
- Media coverage includes: The Times (London), The New York Times, The Guardian (UK), The Wall Street Journal, Toronto Star (Canada), Le Monde (France), Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (Germany) and Gramophone (UK)
- Employs ten full-time year-round staff members and expands workforce by 80+ contracted workers and hundreds of local volunteers leading up to and during the festival